4 good reasons to have an affiliation with Martin Davies Osteopaths for your work place:
1) Approximately 50% of all reported illness at work is some form of Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD).
2) Around 1.2 million U.K. workers experience work-related MSDs annually.
3) Over 180 million workdays are lost each year through back pain and Repetitive Strain Injury (R.S.I.)
4) One in fifty workers are suffering from symptoms of R.S.I.
Timely and appropriate osteopathic care offers a valuable solution to the costs and misery arising from musculoskeletal conditions such as R.S.I.and back pain.
If your work is at a computer terminal or in heavy industry, it can easily give rise to pain and injury. For example, muscles, ligaments and joints, particularly in the back, hands and arms can become a source of pain. Martin Davies Osteopaths treat many conditions related to the work place and can offer remedial advice and preventative exercises.
- Back pain results in over 80 million days off work
- 80% of people will be affected by back pain at some point in their lives
- Back problems occur equally in sedentary work and manual work
- Back problems create 7 million vists to the GP
- Most are in the 16-44 age range
- 33,000 back accidents are related to the workplace
- Problems reoccur in 80% of the cases
- 80% of VDU workers have back problems
According to a recent report, Osteopathy is the most widely used complementary therapy, with nearly 90% of patients reporting their condition improved by Osteopathic treatment.
For further information on how Martin Davies Osteopaths can help your company and employees please contact us via our "Contact Us" page.